Having trouble accessing content?
First, we will always take care of you, regardless of the technology. If you do the steps below and have still issues, we’ll verify your payment status and happily email you this month’s content. We’ll always do right by you and make sure you receive the crochet goodness.
If you are struggling to access the Member Patterns Downloads page, please clear your cache/cookies. Below you will find instructions for that process taken directly from each browsers tech support page.
If the process below doesn’t correct the problem, please email us [email protected].
Thanks so much for joining the Kawaii Cuddler™ Pattern Club! We are so happy you are here!
In Google Chrome –
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the
*Cookies and Site Data (to remove login status and site preferences) and Cached Web Content (to remove stored images, scripts and other cached content) should both be check marked.
button. The Clear Data dialog will appear.
- Click .
In Safari – from a compter
If you want to delete the browser cache in Safari, you can do that quickly with a keyboard shortcut or through the developer menu.
Apple makes it easy: Deleting Safari’s Browser cache through a keyboard shortcut
The fastest way to clear your cache is to use following shortcut: [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
Clearing the cache through the developer menu
You can also enable a developer menu in Safari to enable several professional options. To display the developer menu:
- Select the first item “Safari” in the main menu and from the drop-down the item “Preferences…”
- A popup opens. Click on the tab “Advanced”.
- Check the option “Show Develop menu in menu bar” at the bottom. Now you should see a new menu item in the main menu named “Develop”.
- If you click on the menu item “Develop” you can select “Empty Caches” from the submenu items.
- Reload the site.
In Safari – on an iPhone
- To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won’t change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.